A lot can happen in a year.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would open my own yoga studio.
I was content with teaching and assisting other yoga students with their personal practice. Then one call changed the course of 2016-2017 and as they say the rest is history.
As sit I here today and look outside at this gorgeous early fall day, I am so grateful. The world is full of hardship, pain, and suffering, even right here in Valdosta, and we see it with the effects of Irma still lingering. So the fact that I can be thankful and mean it is, in its own way, a small miracle.
When I was younger, I took things for granted as we all do. As I matured, I realized that I was fortunate, blessed and had a responsibility to give back. I try and choose gratitude everyday and I do that by making a gratitude list.
Here is my challenge to you: Take some time today, wherever you are, and whatever you are doing, to come up with a gratitude list. If it doesn’t come naturally, don’t let that stop you, from still giving thanks. There is still so much to be thankful for, if we only have eyes to see it.
So here are my 10 things that I am grateful for today:
1. My Family…their support and love from near or far. I know they are there for me.
2. My Health …I never take it for granted. It is such an important part of our daily life to feel good!
3. My Friends …they have always filled my life with joy and happiness.
4. My Yoga Central Family...teachers, interns and students they make teaching such a special part of my day.
5. My Parents…they gave me the gift of believing in me when at times, I didn’t believe in myself.
6. My Faith… it helps sustain me in times when I am not sure which path to take.
7. My Music… it allows me to go to a place of quiet and recharge my batteries.
8. My Dogs…they love me unconditionally.
9. My movies…a place to unwind and enjoy talented people.
10. My Yoga practice…once I find my mat, I find stillness in mind.
I encourage each of you to be open to the new possibilities in your life and do it with gratitude. You just never know what it leads to!A grateful life leads to happiness and peace.
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to see each of you on the mat this week for Yoga Central’s 1-year anniversary!
Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.